Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Life is Busy

I thought I had a lot to do before, but being part of a group that is raising money to do the 60 mile Susan G. Komen walk has really kept me busy. I myself have gone overboard with fundraisers! I've contacted so many companies to try to get some fundraisers going. Now, we have 5 fundraisers coming up, 2 of them are pretty big, and we have a lot of work to do.

It feels really good to make a difference. I'm really having a good time planning, putting ornaments together, and having so much to look forward to. I also feel like I am burning out and maybe planning too much at once.

I think I need to force myself to take a break for a day. I spend every waking moment thinking of what needs to be done, making flyers, making lists, putting ornaments together, coming up with other fundraisers. I can only do so much without burning out and I don't want to do that. We have a lot of money to raise and a little less than a year to do it, so my days don't have to be 100% consumed by this. I am having a great time with it all, but I also need a break once in a while. I think I just dive into things and end up allowing them to consume my life. Once the big events are done, I'll have a couple weeks to take a break! For now...it's time to get busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment